St. Patrick-St. Anthony Church and the Franciscan Center for Urban Ministry maintains a website to provide parishioners and the general public with a convenient source of information about the ministries of the parish and Urban Center. Information posted to the website can come from a variety of sources, but principally the information comes from the ministries themselves, either by action of the associated church staff or by ministry members directly or through one of its partners in ministry.
Administration of the Policy
Every individual or ministry who plans to post to the site is responsible for the content they post. The web administrator, will review the contents of the all material to the website, to ensure that this policy is being followed.
- St. Patrick-St Anthony Church & the Franciscan Center for Urban ministry:
- We do not guarantee the confidentiality of information that is placed on the website, but will make reasonable efforts to restrict its use to parish/Urban Center-related activities and staff.
- We will not sell, trade or release any personal information that an individual provides us
- The following information can be posted without prior written permission of the person depicted or described:
- Names, office phone numbers, extensions and email addresses of staff persons (e.g. Francis@st.patrick-stanthony.org)
- Photographs of staff members leading or attending an event.
- Narrative descriptions of events which contain the names of staff persons.
- Staff biographical information. This includes pastoral staff, support staff and cantors.
- First and/or last names of adult members when those members are designated as a contact person for a ministry, event or activity.
- Photographs of adults attending a parish or Urban Center sponsored event or activity, with accompanying first name identification. Although we will try and receive permission from all people in pictures when it is doable.
- Calendar dates and locations of activities held at the Franciscan Center for Urban Ministry and St. Patrick-St. Anthony Church.
- Descriptive announcements of scheduled events which contain the names of persons in a leadership role, for example, a visiting speaker, clinician, musician, author or local dignitary.
- Reflection and pictures from our travelers to Haiti will also be used as part of our sister parish site.
- The following information must not be posted without prior written permission of the person described or depicted, using the release form.
- If the person is a minor, written permission must be received from the parent or legal guardian, and placed on file with the web administrator. See # 5
- Personal e-mail addresses of staff persons, members, visitors, friends or anyone unrelated to the community.
- Personal home or mobile phone numbers of staff persons, members, visitors, friends or anyone unrelated to the congregation.
- Narrative descriptions of events which include the last names of persons.
- Photographs of adults with accompanying last names.
- We like to have photographs on our website to illustrate the variety of people and activities that characterize our parish and Urban Center. When we post pictures, we follow these guidelines:
- Most photos are taken in public spaces and at public events.
- We do not use photos that might be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the picture.
- We do not take photos of people we know are shy about having their pictures taken.
- In most cases, we credit photographers on the page where their pictures are used, and we indicate copyright upon request.
- Whenever photographs of minors attending a parish or Urban Center events is published on the website, the following criteria must be observed:
- No identifying captions will be used with any picture. In other words, no child's name will be published with its picture.
- Parent notification will be on file for all students shown in pictures.
- Photograph taken by travelers to our sister parish will also be used from time to time as a way of reflecting our relationship with them. It is not always possible to have written permission from the adults and children in these pictures. Because of this no names (first or last) will ever be listed with the photograph and great care will be given in choosing the pictures used on this web site as to respect the dignity and privacy of the people in the photograph.
- Information concerning individual birthdays, any individual's age, wedding anniversaries, illnesses, deaths, marriages, prayer requests or praises are not appropriate for posting.
- This web site contains some hyperlinks to web sites operated by parties outside of the www.spsact.org domain. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. Our organization does not control such web sites and is not responsible for their contents. The inclusion of hyperlinks to other web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on these web sites or any association with their operators.
- Information Accuracy: The web administrator for www.spsact.org makes every effort to ensure that the information presented is accurate. However, if inaccuracies occur, we will make every effort to correct them in a timely manner. To report any web site inaccuracies, please email the web administrator.
- Any person discovering that information about themselves or family members has been posted on the St. Patrick-St. Anthony Church & the Franciscan Center for Urban Ministry website that they do not wish to remain there should contact the church's web administrator by phone (860.756.4034) or e-mail.