Community Outreach: Our Partners
House of Bread
House of Bread provides services to the economically disadvantaged in the Hartford area that are characterized by compassion, dignity, and respect. Specific programs include:
- Helping Our Mothers through Education [H.O.M.E.] (offering assistance with life skills, educational opportunities, and other support services)
- Adventure Saturday Mentors (nurturing young people’s curiosity and gifts through exciting learning opportunities)
- The House of Bread Meal Teams (providing hot meals and a welcome environment for the poor in Hartford)
- The House of Bread Thrift Shop Volunteers (making donated household items available at minimal cost to those who live in the neighborhood).
- Spray Deodorant
- Other Toiletries.
- Single use items from Hotels are a treasure at the Day Shelter
- 39 Gallon trash bags
- dish detergent
- salt & pepper
Thank you for your generosity. http://www.hobread.org ....more than just soup