Adult Faith Formation
The Adult Faith Formation Ministry nurtures the spiritual growth of our diverse faith community by encouraging adults to deepen their experience of God in daily life. Adult Faith Formation provides a variety of daytime, evening, and weekend opportunities to study Scripture; share faith; participate in information and discussion sessions on topics of Catholic faith and practice; and learn about and practice traditional and modern forms of spirituality. Members of the Adult Faith Formation Ministry collaborate to identify areas of interest to parishioners, find available resources and speakers, plan and develop programs, and research contacts for future programming.
- Lenten Nourishment: Exploring Hope: "The Humble but Strong Virtue" (Pope Francis). Tuesdays: March 21, & 28, April 4, 11, 2017. 12:30 - 1:00 pm.Offering: $5.00 per lunch.
- March 21: Fr. Tom, OFM, PhD
- The Saint & The Pope, Tuesdays: March 21 & 28, April 4 & 11, 2017. 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Facilitator: Pat Curtis. Free Will Offering.
- Lenten Evenings of Reflection. Wednesdays: March 22 & 29, 2017. 6:30 - 8:00 pm. Presenter: Fr. Tom Gallagher, OFM, PhD. Please register in advance.
- REEL Faith: "Romero". Monday, March 20, 2017. 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Facilitator: Jack Wentland. Free Will Offering.
- Rediscovering Mary's Message for Today. Thursday, March 23, 2017. 6:30 - 8:00 pm. Facilitators: Sr. Patty Cook, RSM & Prof. Colleen Keyes. Free Will Offering.
- "IT IS FINISHED" (John 19:30): The Passion Story of Jesus. Saturday, March 25: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. Presenter: Paul Sansone. Suggested Offering: $30.00. Please bring your own lunch.
- Lectio Divina: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 and April 4, 2017. 7:00 - 8:00 pm. Facilitator: Sheila Denion.
- Insider's Talk with Dr. Gabriel Löfvall, Mozart's Requiem. Monday, March 27, 2017. 5:30 - 7:15 pm. Registration Deadline: March 23, 2017. Suggested Offering: $10.00; includes a light supper.
- Lenten Twilight Retreat: Reflections on Lent. Thursday, April 6, 2017. 5:30 - 8:30 pm. Presenter: Fr. Kenneth P. Paulli, OFM, EdD. Registration Deadline: April 2, 2017. Suggested offerings: With dinner: $20.00; Presentation only (at 6:30): $15.00.
- Day of Reflection for Women at Enders Island, Mystic CT. Saturday, May 6, 2017. 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. Retreat Day Leader: Amy Ekeh. Registration and Offering due by May 1, 2017. Suggested Offering: $45.00; includes lunch.
- All Are Welcome Retreat: Friday thru Sunday, June 16 - 18, 2017 at Mercy Center, Madison, CT. Retreat Leader: Sr. Jeanne Williams, OSF. Cost: $250 for a double room; $280 for a single room (limited availability).